jueves, 30 de diciembre de 2010

The Balcony

The balcony’ doors opened at three o’ clock in the morning. As a cuckoo clock the balcony opens through its doors. As a cuckoo clock it shows me the night. That makes me remember you and the life in the town’ streets at three o clock in the morning. It is windy tonight and the wind comes to wake me up as a little bird chirping in my balcony. The wind. The night. The town’ streets chirping in my balcony.

I prepared *mate at three o’ clock in the morning. And I leaned out of the balcony, with the mate in my hand, to see you. Which means watching myself, and the deeper I watch myself the clearest your image. It is like walking through the narrow town’ streets. Labyrinth’ streets. I come, with the mate in my hand, in the narrow, fragile and sweet memory. You came to wake me up at three o’ clock in the morning. Suddenly the doors opened letting the wind bursts in my room. After that I lit a cigarette. I was melancholic. I smoked thinking about you. I used to think about you at three o’ clock in the morning. But I also do that at ten, eleven and twelve… and the rest of the day too. That is why I am not surprised you were at home at three o’ clock in the morning as a little bird in order to chirp your absence.

I cursed the town this dawn. I cursed the town’ street this dawn. I asked the town about you. I asked the town’ night about you and they do not know what to say.

‘Damn you because you have not got her’ ‘Damn me because I have not got her’. I cursed myself this dawn under the night, with the night on and above. I cursed myself of not having you.

My town is sad without you at three o’ clock in the morning. Without you, my town is sad at any time of the day. Its painted houses are also sad of not having you. If the had you, I know, they will show you.

A man, smokes and misses you, in one of the town’ balcony during the dawn. He is lonely without you, but with you up and down. That man, who smokes and waits inside you, is sad. If he had you, I know, he will show you.

The town’ night goes out to look for you. People look for you in their dreams. Flowers close to look for you. The wind comes to wake me out to look for you.

* mate: an aromatic beverage used chiefly in South America and especially in Paraguay that has stimulant properties like those of coffee.
http://dictionary.reference.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario